2012年5月26日土曜日

" Wuthering Heights"

.
 Hello!

 It was very difficult for me to read “Wuthering Heights”. There were many difficult words which I did not know and there were even some words which were not in my dictionary. I was very irritated because I couldn’t understand the cause of making a story difficult to read by using difficult words. However, many Japanese, of course including me, also use difficult words such as four-character compound. I do not know why, but I think we use it to show our intelligence. Therefore, I thought that Emily Bronte also wanted to show her intelligence.

 In addition to it, I was interested in the character of Mr. Heathcliff. In this story, there were many negative words, such as amiss, negligence and under-bred. These words expressed the character of Mr. Heathcliff or his strange house. I thought it was very regrettable because he was a handsome man. If I were him, I would like to be popular with young women!

The mention of women reminds me of the absence of women in this story. I thought that the absence of women and his contort character had something to do with his past. I came to know his past.

Anyway, this story was very difficult and dark story. So I did not like such story. But many difficult adjectives made me interested in the character of Mr. Heathcliff. I could a little enjoy this story. But I want to study about fantasy or love romance!
 
Thank you for reading.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿